2012 is here and it is time to look ahead and see what market trends will be of strategic importance for businesses this year. We have identified five trends that we believe will have impact on organisations.
- Social business get ready for broader adoption by creating a social organisation to handle business challenges. Use social tools to facilitate collaboration and communication across departments and organizational boundaries.
- Mobile the next generation of devices is here so get ready to meet future demands of working and collaborating independently of platform.
- Consumerisation of IT- the buying behavior shift. Business leaders are to a greater extent buying IT services independently of the CIO. The lack of communication within organisations has lead to several consequences. In 2012, its crucial that companies start to close the gap between departments and start to collaborate when buying IT.
- Business ecosystem flexible company structures will be a key factor to success in 2012. Using cloud services and mobile applications will be important for organisations to get the flexibility and freedom they need.
- Big data future of insights. The ability to analyze data across multiple platforms and customer touch points will be of strategic importance in 2012.
Be successful and start acting on these trends today. When you develop strategies to meet them, think of them as an integrated mix. Then you will make the most out of each trend. By the end of 2012, we will see that the integration of mobile, cloud and social will accelerate even more. Cloud apps that are not socially aware and without mobile support will have fewer downloads and be seen as old fashioned. The sooner organisations set a strategy and act on these trends the more likely they have the chance to be a winning company.
Learn more about how you can use these trends to stay ahead of your competitors. Download the full report here.
What concerns and possibilities do you see with these trends? What is your biggest challenge for 2012?
I wish you all a successful 2012!
Matilda Jernevad, Market Analyst at Projectplace